Welcome to A Great Story to Tell, a website that highlights how the progressive community of Gainesville and Hall County, Georgia, stands out in so many ways compared to the rest of the United States.
- Gainesville is one of the "best places to practice medicine" . . . Medical Economics magazine.
- Lake Lanier is now the most affordable second-home market for metro Atlanta with $427,000 average price.
- Lake Lanier is one of the most visited U.S. Corps of Engineers-operated lakes in the country.
- Forbes rated Gainesville-Hall County in its "Best Places for Business and Careers."
- Brenau University has one of the state's largest nursing education programs.
- The largest American Grand Prix road race in the U.S. is held annually in South Hall County.
- Annual discretionary consumer expenditures: Over $1.5 billion.
- Gainesville's Riverside Military Academy has invested over $80 million in its facilities and technology.
- Hall County is home to the Atlanta Falcons with a world-class training facility in Flowery Branch.
- Gainesville is one of "America's Best Low-Tax Retirement Towns," according to Where to Retire (Jan/Feb 2008).