Welcome to A Great Story to Tell, a website that highlights how the progressive community of Gainesville and Hall County, Georgia, stands out in so many ways compared to the rest of the United States.
- Northeast Georgia Medical Center's Cancer Center is among the top 6 percent in the nation.
- The Longstreet Clinic, one of Georgia's largest private physican practices, has nearly 100 doctors.
- The Hall County and Gainesville City school systems offer five internationally accredited baccalaureate programs.
- Lanier Technical College is a premier industrial training center in the Southeast.
- Gainesville-Hall County has its own symphony, two nationally recognized theater companies and a ballet company.
- The largest American Grand Prix road race in the U.S. is held annually in South Hall County.
- Lake Lanier homes have maintained value (average $605,000) despite economic correction.
- Annual discretionary consumer expenditures: Over $1.5 billion.
- Gainesville-Hall County has 39 international firms from 12 nations.
- Lake Lanier is now the most affordable second-home market for metro Atlanta with $427,000 average price.