Welcome to A Great Story to Tell, a website that highlights how the progressive community of Gainesville and Hall County, Georgia, stands out in so many ways compared to the rest of the United States.
- Gainesville's Lake Lanier houses the world's largest inland marina and the largest marina in the United States.
- In 2009, Gainesville-Hall County created over 350 new jobs and $53 million in new capital investment.
- The Longstreet Clinic, one of Georgia's largest private physican practices, has nearly 100 doctors.
- Northeast Georgia Medical Center operates the third busiest Emergency Room in Georgia.
- The Interactive Neighborhood for Kids (INK) is the largest children's interactive museum in North Georgia.
- Gainesville-Hall County is one of the state's top cities in per-capita number of medical professionals.
- Gainesville-Hall County's Chicopee Woods is one of the largest nature preserves of any American city.
- Hall County has lowest property taxes of any ex-urban county in the Atlanta area.
- Vision 2030 provides an ambitious long-term plan for the community's future.
- Northeast Georgia Medical Center is the No. 1 hospital for cardiac care in Georgia.